Click your 'Blog Posts' module
Click the 'New' button at the top to create a new category
Fill in the following fields in the 'Details Tab':
- Enter a title in the Heading field (The title of your blog post)
- Select the Author from the dropdown
- Select a 'Posted on' date (your blog posts will rank according to date, so newer blog posts will appear at the top)
- Enter a URL (this will show in the URL)
- Select a Thumbnail Photo (This will appear on the blog landing page along with the heading and short description)
- Enter a Short Description (This shows on the blog landing page and should entice web-users to click to read your blog post)
Click the 'Content' tab - write your blog post content. You can add images, links, videos in this section, similar to the content section on your General Pages module
The layout of your blog module is restricted due to the right hand side showing recent posts, archives and categories. This means you only have 1 column of content. If you add an image, make sure it is small (less than 500x500), so that it does not get skewed on mobile devices. Rather than removing the width and height, you can add a smaller width and height to restrict your image size.
Click through to your 'Meta-data' tab - use this article to assist you with filling in the fields
(HINT: One of the best things about a blog module is fresh content and creating more pages, which Google loves! It is important to have your posts rank well on Google, so always fill in your meta-data).
Click into your 'Categories' tab and tick the relevant categories
After you've finished, click 'Save' at the top
Don't forget to tick and publish your post once you're ready for it to show on your website. Always check it looks great on the frontend of the website!